Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Over the Summer

[Wrote my first stand up, one night over the summer. Written as if I was at my first open mic night...but what is described is the night I stayed at a hotel and could not get to sleep.]


immensurable
Not too funny quite shity
I paid money to get away
Purchasing more than just a one night stay
Then in what I sought as rest of course - don’t second guess
there was minimal progress
Tragedy came my way
It’s like a bad dream lasting each and every day
The term “Bad dreams” hmm it has a FAMILIAR ring
Due to an omnipresent type of thing
-and I’m not talking about God or am I
This Tragedy a’ bit of reality for me, ya see? 
Look at my history...
Was that really how things were meant to be?
(at age five someone touch me inappropriately then at seven to lose my mommy…)
If you've been given a glimpse into my history or at me you, may see
-but don’t go
That is don’t go so far as to understand
Because fuck it’s obvious that’d be too much, of a demand
Therefore in turn I just do what I can
(doing my best to help and encourage my fellow man)
Wait, what why say “man” versus women…
hey,
- think on that but don’t get side tracked
What I intended to convey
is that I try to help and encourage everyone that comes my way
hmmm I’m side tracked,
… man vs women well ….
What do we say ?
anyway… don’t stray too far away
from the social norm
Because baby it a two edge sword
that tends to make life adorn
however,
Carrying and continuing on as I always do
(Please understand you are the only one that can see yourself through)
So you may breath in and then sigh,
as that you remember or even realize
That that fact is true
So, take a moment, collect, and we’ll be moving on into part II

In the dark we cannot see our own hand
But that doesn't mean it is not there
Oh let us lively up, live without so much thought and care
But why loose this individuality? Why dare
Hm, you seem to have caught me off guard
But don’t think you’ll affect me so hard
So swiftly taken by curiosity about how you've come in to contact with me
Yet I’m drifting in and out of this safe house – some would call insanity
Yes curiosity,
The audacity of you to visit me
Visit me here, wait no tragedy
take a moment and you see
that this is reality
Surprised that I have not yet met my demise
but then I sigh, and realize the need for rest
Yes.
Means to an end as my rest is exhausting –
Because in this release
There is a sense of ease
when my words tease and act as keys
Turning something on by use of words which swiftly sway
finding their way
To create my own get away
Yet there always seems to be clouds in the approaching weather
but “it can’t rain all the time”
and to hear a certain tune, sure ….I’ll give the juke box my dime
(if we were back in that time)                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jukebox
Cause’ we struggled and strive, thanks hank
But the real dilemma is that we’ll never get out of this world alive
-so insane I may remain
Caught up in the truth of my own thought and passions
Because that’s the only place I’ll pay to stay and feel an immensurable satisfaction
There are others similar to me, so I must not be too far from reality
But see, what constrains or gets me is really the paradox that only few see
Life
Living to die eventually 
it is so great and vastly innumerous -
that it’s capable of swallowing us
WAIT stop, please no tragedy or bad dreams…
We must be bold – too bold to be swallowed hole
So let us step back and see the beauty *in complexity  
Consciously contemplating
that all of this depends on how we - see
really how we,
individually
interpret and perceive
things or situations to be…
I just hope you've enjoyed the money spent tonight and like what you've experienced and seen.

Part III ~ if you’d like to continue with me…

Is it always this hot in hotels?
or is my thought warming and flowing well…?
To tell, you’d have to listen
so don’t let me forget to mention
you may be warmed as well or hell
turn cold as these feelings deep in my heart,
that from time to time somehow tear me apart
anyway, no tragedy – but do contact me
after
because I would love to have a good conversation
Continuing in a cyclical type of engagement
where I understand you and you understand me
and it provides us both with sanity  
-by way of actually connecting with somebody
because hey,
if you didn't feel,
turn the lights on and you’ll see
that you’re holding hands with me…
that is to say
that by listening to what I have shared today
you've already encouraged me to continue seeking the dream of living out my destiny
doing and developing what’s right and soon to be evident to me.
So goodnight to my friends?
And as I end,
I've laid in this empty bed
thankful that I’m not dead
and that something has allowed me to with stand
so again and again I’ll offer you my hand
And
I am at this hotel and checked in,
Not just to rest
But to stop playing pretend
As I mentioned,
I finally intelligently expressed my soul
As I attempted to not check out but check in – to relax and let go

Quickly a summary,
Hmm, I’m kinda nervous you see
because this is a first time thing for me,
well you've not seen but you've heard
and I’d say don’t become perturbed
just stay with me.
Because last night I was blessed with restlessness 
And created this peace/PIECE … (used interchangeably)
Because totally – this has resulted in rest for me
Really an ease for my mind _ this is too often hard to find….

So I thank you all for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment